Alice Springs was originally established as a telegraph station in 1871. This 2,000-hectare reserve, 2km north of the centre of Alice Springs, is situated on the site of the original settlement. It features some of the original structures including the old telegraph station, which is open to the public.
Telegraph Station Historical Reserve
- Stuart Highway, Alice Springs
- Telephone (08) 8952 3993
- Website www.parksandwildlife.nt.gov.au
- Admission reserve free, buildings $8.50
- Reserve open reserve 8am–9pm daily, historic buildings open 8am–5pm daily